First of all, mold is defined as furry growth of minute fungi occurring typically in moist warm conditions, especially on food or other organic matter.
Therefore, mold could also form in moist spaces or on surfaces like wood. Your kitchens, bathrooms, ceilings, basements, and other corners of your house are susceptible to black mold formation. When you put your heater on and one part of your house is left wet or damp, this actually speeds up the mold formation process, and when mold has formed, this is when it starts to get dangerous.
Think of the green mold you see on bread, then visualize it as black. That’s what black mold basically looks like.
When inhaled, black mold can prove to be dangerous, especially to susceptible people with weaker immune systems like infants, babies, children, and the elderly. However, black mold is bad for anyone who is exposed to it for long periods of time. It can cause diarrhea, vomiting, influenza, fever, dizziness, nosebleeds, irritation, difficulty in breathing, and other more serious sicknesses like internal organ problems and internal bleeding.
SOS Restoration knows all of these concerns and more, especially the removal of black mold. Our company only uses state-of-the-art technology to remove mold and prevent it from forming again. SOS Restoration’s certified experts will be coming to your house or establishment, look at all the formations, and proceed to remove them one-by-one.
Our experts also highly recommend that you continuously wipe all surfaces with a clean, dry cloth, not a wet one, so it does not become moist over time. When using the bathroom or kitchen sink, wipe all surfaces and counters with a dry cloth so water does not remain stagnant and stay there for long. Warmer areas in your house like ceilings, corners, and basements also require more attention and should be monitored especially during and after storms, where dirty water is sure to leak